Saturday, November 11, 2006

|[ Early Morning Forecast (Late Night Drama) ]|

[Yeah, I was watching tv when I named this... maybe for a little too long. So, if you didn't already get it, the title is kind of influenced by the show list on tv. Get it? They have early morning news and late night drama and crime scene shows. And yes, it is also relevant to the poem, or at least I think it is... well, anyway. I hope someone understands what I'm writing about. Just a hint, it's not just some pointless sex scene in a poem.]
----------------------------------------------------------------------
The steam from our cups danced to the sky
For once, I could just watch you smile
We silenced the world for a brief moment in time
And the world was ours to take and hold

The rain came and washed away your screams
A soft pitter-patter on the closed window
I whispered “I love you”, hot breath against your neck
Your tears I’ll pretend not to see

The sneakers faded into the welcome mat
I told you never to leave me on my own
Your hand locked in mine, my thumb on your cheek
Don’t want to leave you bleeding

The soft moans rolled off your tongue as tears ran like streams
I never wanted to be the reason you cry
But you are my lover and I’m in your skin
And nothing comes without punishment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home