Friday, October 06, 2006

|[ Maybe We'll Survive This Time (Talk) ]|

[Okay, so my birthday is tomorrow. Yeah, yeah. Happy birthday and all that crap. Well, I'm turning my luck number... so maybe something good will happen this year? Maybe I'll actually have something happy to write about. Well actually, this poem isn't too depressing or that sad-ish. So I guess I'm getting better.]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
This silence is deafening
It’s blowing out my eardrums
You’re frown is breaking down my wall
And I’m screaming out my lungs

You’re aiming too high
And I keep missing the shot
This novacaine won’t last too long
We need to end this equation

My head’s in the clouds
And you’re rising higher
You need to stop where you are
We need some grounding, boy

You’re pretty, I’m ugly
You say you’re nothing
I really am nothing to you
But you’re everything for me

My heart’s dropping from my chest
These fingers can’t write faster
I’m trying to tell you what I feel
And I’m not getting anywhere

I’ll say everything you want to hear
If you’ll just hold me forever
Let me melt in those eyes
We can’t survive on just lies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home