Friday, April 28, 2006

{((Waiting For Never))}i{((Part 5))}

[I know, I know that it's been a while since I've updated. But I haven't been in the mood for writing lately and when I am, I don't have the time to write. I guess the world just hates my writing so much, but I'll find a way to somehow write. This one kind of short, but you'll just have to like it or don't read it!]
-------------------------------------------------------------------
"Hey, mom. I'm home." Aaron didn't bother yelling since her mom wouldn't respond even if she did hear.

Slowly, she sauntered into the kitchen after locking the front door behind her. When she opened one of the cabinets, all she found was a box of six-weeks-past-the-expiration-date Pop-Tarts. There was just about nothing left in the house that wasn't growing a pet on itself.

'Okay, so the only thing left and edible is milk,' Aaron thought silently. 'Milk and stale cereal it is.'

She pulled the carton of milk out from the refrigerator, which was still open from when she checked it. Out of a cabinet she pulled out a box of stale Count Chocula. From the rack of washed dishes that was by the sink, she took off a bowl and grabbed a spoon.

After pouring her cereal and milk, she headed up to her room. She turned on her computer and "Dead to the World" by JamisonParker began to blast out of the speakers.

She closed the doors and muttered, "Wouldn't want to disturb mom, though you can probably still hear it outside the door. But it's the thought that counts, right? Not really, but whatever…" Aaron answered her question.

The second verse of "Dead to the World" rang through her room.
"I hate the way you look at me
Where's the pills that cure that thing
That you call sweeping me off my feet
It's girls like you that keep open graves
For boys like me that keep themselves
Locked up for days..."

'Hm… that's weird… Shane's not online. He's almost always online as long as he's home. And I don't think he went somewhere when he just walked me home.' Aaron wondered.

She kept glancing at the buddy list on the right side of her computer screen. Shane just had to be online, but somehow he still wasn't. Aaron ate her bowl of Count Chocula while she listened to the songs change. After she finished her cereal, time passed by quicker as she played a game online.

When she glanced at the clock as her bedside table, the vivid red numbers read 1:47 AM. Somehow she didn't even feel slightly sleepy. Creeping down the hallway, she glanced at the room down the hall, her mother's office, and noticed that no light peeked out from under the closed door.

'She must have already gone to sleep…' Aaron thought to herself.

Lightly, she tiptoed down the stairs. She would pause every once in a while when the stairs emitted an obnoxiously loud creak. But eventually, she made her way down to the kitchen and placed her now empty bowl in the sink.

A sigh escaped her mouth. Aaron leaned her forehead against the cool metal door of the refrigerator. She wasn't tired; the night was just a bit more stressful than she thought it would be. The whole night only one thing ran through her mind repeatedly.

"Shane…" Aaron breathed lightly.

Slowly, she walked up the stairs. Down the now dark hallway, she headed to her room that was only lit by the moon's light seeping into her room from her window. After closing the door behind her, Aaron's eyelids began to sink down, blocking her vision. She must have been sleepier than she thought she was.

Sleepily, she pried her shirt and jeans off of her slightly life-less body. Aaron needed to escape from her thoughts. These thoughts weren't suited for thoughts about a best friend. The Ramones wife-beater was slipped back on along with her pajama pants.

"Shane's just another teenage boy isn't he? But he's my best friend… Although this is me, I don't date. Therefore it spares me from the hurting of getting my heart broken and even if I did… if we did… We couldn't, we're best friends." Aaron tried to convince herself.

Aaron lay down under her covers and stared up at the white ceiling above her. She brushed her bangs out of her face as a sigh escaped. Maybe if she went to sleep all her thoughts would disappear… slowly, she turned over onto her stomach, he face down on the pillow. But how wrong she was… sleep never cures things, pills do; sleep simply brings dreams.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home